Hobbies are a great way of relaxing, learning a new skill and keeping your brain active. But sometimes your hobby doesn’t really fit with your house. In these cases choosing to use a transportable unit as a hobby room can be the perfect solution.
Transportable units come fully completed so there’s no tricky assembly work and can fit neatly onto your section, helping you separate your hobby from the spare room or kitchen table.
Five times it makes perfect sense to use a transportable unit as a hobby room
- Sewing room. Sewing is a fun hobby and can be a money saver if you are good enough to sew new clothes for the family. But with all the machinery and material it can take up a lot of space. Using a separate hobby room lets you leave material and machinery out on the workbench, store larger rolls with ease and perhaps even invest in a mannequin or sewing dummy to hang your clothes on.
- Painting studio. Painting can often be time-consuming so a dedicated room would allow you to leave projects out during work rather than tidying things off the kitchen table every day. If you work in mediums like oil it will also keep the smell out of your home.
- Pottery or ceramics studio. Like sewing, pottery is another hobby where the machinery can take up a lot of space. It can also be messy so setting up a separate space can save you having to clean up each time.
- Room for yoga or meditation. Yoga and other forms of meditation and mindfulness are becoming increasingly popular. But it can be hard to find a suitable spot to clear your mind and relax. Using a transportable unit as a studio allows you to disconnect from the world in a dedicated space. You could decorate it in a calming way and build in storage to leave your equipment like yoga mats or meditation music there so it is ready to go.
- Music studio. If you play an instrument, especially something like drums or saxophone that can’t easily be attached to headphones, you might feel like you are disturbing the family or housemates during practice time. A separate music studio in your garden would give you space to jam while keeping things quieter for everyone else.
Unit2Go has a range of units suitable for hobbies
At Unit2Go we have a range of transportable cabins to suit any kind of situation. Our smaller units like the small cabin are particularly suited to hobby rooms. If you choose a small unit you may not even need council consent to add to your section.
All our units are fully insulated and can be connected to power and water at your main property. That makes it easy to run any machinery you need for your hobbies as well as those little extras like kettles for the all-important cuppa or a stereo for musical inspiration.