While many people use transportable units for personal reasons – as a granny flat for an elderly relative, as a teenage sleepout, or as a hobby room – portable cabins can also be used for business. Renting a portable cabin for business can be a cost-effective way of creating more space when you need it.
Five benefits of renting a portable cabin for business
There are many benefits of renting a portable cabin for business over building permanent structures.
- Cabins are more cost effective, especially for temporary settings. If you only require the extra space for a short period, then renting a portable cabin is certainly more cost effective than renting or buying permanent space.
- They are quick to set up. A portable cabin can be built off-site under cover so there are no weather delays to building and then delivered to your site and quickly installed.
- They are cheaper to furnish. Due to their smaller size, it is easier and cheaper to furnish a portable cabin than an entire building.
- Buildings are portable. Although many transportable units are usually set in place and remain there long-term, theoretically you can move them if required. This is helpful if you are likely to change your business location often.
- They are of high quality. Using a reputable company like Unit2Go means you are assured of high-quality units still at a good price. Our cabins include insulation, water and electricity as well as good quality paints and carpets making them more attractive for temporary workers or staff.
Possible business uses for a portable cabin
As temporary site offices for road works or construction sites. If you are working on a large scale roading project, subdivision or commercial development then you’ll need somewhere to keep things running smoothly. Portable cabins work well as site offices allowing you to keep paperwork safe and have meetings in the warm and dry rather than out on site all the time.
Accommodation for temporary workers. If you run a vineyard or fruit picking operation or you need other temporary workers to stay on site, then portable cabins are a cost-effective housing option. Self-contained cabins with kitchens and bathrooms allow workers to live in comfort. This can potentially make your business more attractive to job seekers.
Temporary buildings. If your business is expanding or needs to keep running while between office spaces, portable cabins could be used as temporary extra buildings. Portable cabins also work for schools, hospitals or other organisations that need more space.
A cost-effective business premises. For a small business, using a portable cabin can be a cheaper option than renting or buying a permanent place. Portable cabins are great for small businesses like cafes, art studios, beauty salons or pop-up shops.
Unit2Go offers a range of portable cabins for rent for business or to buy
If you are looking at renting a portable cabin for business, then Unit2Go has a range of transportable cabins that may be suitable.
Our team can help configure your unit to suit your business needs. Choose from different layouts and extras like extra windows or another sliding door.
For workers’ accommodation, we can create bunk rooms or we have fully self-contained units.
Unit2Go offers rental terms as well as purchase and rent to own options on all units. Contact us today to discuss your options.